Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Whitehall in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

William Miller Chapel

 
 
William Miller Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
By John Edwards, August 8, 2012
1. William Miller Chapel Marker
Inscription. Built in 1848 by Adventist founder William Miller. This chapel was placed on National Register, ca. 1975
 
Erected 2000 by Washington County Historical Society.
 
Location. 43° 35.724′ N, 73° 18.746′ W. Marker is near Whitehall, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on County Route 11 0.2 miles east of Carlton Rd, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Whitehall NY 12887, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fair Haven High School (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); 9/11 (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); Matthew Lyon (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); Civil War Memorial (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); Veterans Memorial Park (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); World War Memorial (approx. 2.3 miles away in Vermont); First Slate Quarry in Western Vermont (approx. 3.3 miles away in Vermont); Skene’s Mills (approx. 5 miles away).
 
Regarding William Miller Chapel. This chapel was built in 1848 by William Miller, the founder of Adventism in America, for a small congregation of like-minded Adventists in Low Hampton, New York. The chapel is located on Miller's farm property; several of the other farm buildings have also been restored and can be visited.
 
Also see . . .  Miller Farm - Adventist Heritage Ministry. (Submitted on August 13, 2012, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Additional keywords. Adventism Second Great Awakening Millerism
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2012, by John Edwards of Orlando, Florida. This page has been viewed 452 times since then. Photo   1. submitted on August 9, 2012, by John Edwards of Orlando, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement