Terre Haute in Vigo County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Burial Ground Fort William Harrison
—Prologue to The War of 1812 —
Erected by Fort Harrison Chapter - Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 30.478′ N, 87° 24.744′ W. Marker is in Terre Haute, Indiana, in Vigo County. Marker can be reached from McCullough Avenue (becomes 4th Street) north of Fort Harrison Road. Touch for map. Located in the "Elks Fort Harrison Country Club" which is on the North side of Terre Haute. Taking U.S. 41 North - turn left (West) on Fort Harrison Road. At McCullough Avenue turn North (right) follow back into the "Elks Fort Harrison Country Club". As soon as you enter the country club, the marker is on the extreme left near the dumpsters. Marker is in this post office area: Terre Haute IN 47804, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Unknown Embattled Defenders of Fort Harrison (here, next to this marker); 1812 - - Fort Harrison - - 1912 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Fort William Henry Harrison (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles Gene Abrell (approx. 0.8 miles away); Twelve Points (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gold Medal Plaza (approx. 1.3 miles away); Union Hospital (approx. 1.6 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Buried in this Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terre Haute.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 578 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 14, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.