Fernandina Beach in Nassau County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Lesesne House
Florida Heritage Site
Erected 1997 by The General Duncan Lamont Clinch Historical Society of Amelia Island and Angel Starke Davis, Ernest and Marie Davis Chaplin Family, Davis and Dee Chaplin, Saxby Caroline Sperau and Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-376.)
Location. 30° 40.267′ N, 81° 27.692′ W. Marker is in Fernandina Beach, Florida, in Nassau County. Marker is on Centre Street Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fernandina Beach FL 32034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nassau County Historic Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Memorial United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); David L. Yulee (about 600 feet away); Phelan-Verot House Built Prior to 1866 (about 700 feet away); Revolutionary War Invasion of British East Florida (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Peter's Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Florida's First Atlantic to Gulf Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fernandina Beach.
Regarding The Lesesne House. as mentioned: National Register of Historic Places:
Fernandina Beach Historic District (added 1973 - - #73000593)
♦ Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Barber,George W., et al., Schuyler,Robert V.
♦ Architectural Style: Queen Anne, Italianate
♦ Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Transportation, Exploration/Settlement, Architecture, Commerce
♦ Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1850-1874
♦ Current Function: Commerce/Trade, Domestic
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 592 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 16, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 5. submitted on August 17, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.