Franklin Springs in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historical Franklin Springs
G. F. Taylor, founder of the Advocate and Life Literature, served as editor from its origin until 1934. Circulation of this literature is now worldwide.
Near here in one of the two hotels was the Franklin Springs Orphanage, 1919-21. It was home for thirty orphans until 1921 when the children were transferred to Falcon Orphanage, Falcon, N.C. The superintendant and founder was J. H. King. Bishop King, born in Anderson County, S.C., Aug. 11, 1869, licensed to preach in 1891 by the Methodist Church, served as leader from 1900-46 in Fire-Baptized and P. H. churches.
Rev. G. F. Taylor, born in Duplin County, N.C., Aug. 10, 1881, was co-founder and first president of Emmanuel College, January 1, 1919
Location. 34° 16.9′ N, 83° 8.779′ W. Marker is in Franklin Springs, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Nash Prayer Chapel, on the campus of Emmanuel College. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin Springs GA 30639, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Franklin Springs (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Site and Portions (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Historical Franklin Springs (about 700 feet away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 1˝ miles away); Ty Cobb (approx. 1˝ miles away); Royston, GA / U.S. Bicentennial Monument (approx. 1˝ miles away); Dr. Stewart D. Brown, Sr. (approx. 2 miles away); Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin Springs.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 17, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.