Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Wynnton School Library
WYNNTON SCHOOL LIBRARY
is the oldest such building in continuous use as a school facility in the State of Georgia. This historic site was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
This marker has been placed in honor of Dr. William Henry Shaw, Superintendent of Education 1945-1973, who has been instrumental in preserving this historic site.
Erected by Wynnton School.
Location. 32° 28.244′ N, 84° 57.506′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is at the intersection of Wynnton Road (Georgia Route 22) and Wildwood Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Wynnton Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2303 Wynnton Road, Columbus GA 31906, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Cedars (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carson McCullers (approx. 0.3 miles away); He Helped Bring And Keep Fort Benning (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1918 Diamond Jubilee 1993 Camp Benning / Fort Benning (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Elms “Wildwood” (approx. 0.9 miles away); Radcliff School (approx. one mile away); Leonard Spring (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 288 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.