Griffin in Spalding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 126-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 14.883′ N, 84° 15.738′ W. Marker is in Griffin, Georgia, in Spalding County. Marker is at the intersection of 6th Street and East Bank Street, on the right when traveling south on 6th Street. Touch for map. The marker stands at the rear of the Spalding County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Griffin GA 30223, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewis Lawrence Griffin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The City of Griffin (about 300 feet away); Rotary International (approx. ¼ mile away); Founding of Griffin (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Founding of Griffin (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Orphan Brigade (approx. half a mile away); Georgia Militia at Griffin (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Spalding County (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Griffin.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 356 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 19, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.