Hôtel de Ville
[Translation by Google Translate (with modifications:
Yesterday Agora, Forum, Communal House ... City Hall today. In the thirteenth century, the Consuls of Béziers, enjoying one of the oldest communal charters granted in Languedoc (1185), built their first home together. Followed successive acquisitions and facilities
In 1728, we proceed to complete refurbishment of all buildings, the architect of the Province, Rollin, was responsible for implementation. The plan offered a grandiose façade overlooking Fountain Square: two buildings with a central tower. Only this beffroiest was realized (1746).
In 1788 is one in the upstairs hall.
The current Municipal Council Chamber is decorated with nine frescoes depicting the story Béziers (Béziers work of Raoul Guiraud, Prix de Rome painter)].
Location. 43° 20.559′ N, 3° 12.793′ E. Marker is in Beziers, Languedoc-Roussillon, in Hérault Départment. Marker is on Place Gabriel Peri near Rue du 4 Septembre. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beziers, Languedoc-Roussillon 34500, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pepezuc (within shouting distance of this marker); Les Halles (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); La Chapelle des Recollets (about 210 meters away); Béziers Se Souvient (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Beziers Citizens Murdered
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 12, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 389 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 12, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.