Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Albi in Tarn Département, Midi-Pyrénées, France
 

Les Moulins albigeois

Albi Mills

 
 
Les Moulins albigeois Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 23, 2012
1. Les Moulins albigeois Marker
Photo caption: Les Moulins albigeois avant restauration. Marjo, millieu du XXe –H. et l. de l’A, No. 249
Inscription. Une dizaine de moulins s’égrenaient autrefois sur les deux rives du Tarn. Quatre subsistèrant après la Révolution: les moulins de Gardes, de Lamothe, du Chapitre et le Moulin-Neuf, appele par la suite «Moulins de l’Albigeois».

Un moulin existant déjà sur ce site au XIIIe siècle. Transformé aux XVIIIe et XIVe siècles, il devint le siège d’une minoterie après 1828, complétée par une vermicellerie en 1845.

Après avoir connu une période florissante, la Société des Moulins des l’Albigeois cessa toute activité dans les années 1970.

Avant bénéficié d’une réhabilitation en 1986, ces bâtiments abritent aujourd’hui le musée Lapérouse, un hôtel, de logements, des services de conseil général du Tarn et un centre d’art contemporain, le L.A.I.T.

English:
Albi Mills
Once, ten mills dotted the two banks of the Tarn. After the French Revolution, only four remained: the Gardès, Lamothe, and Chapitre mills and the Moulin-Neuf (New Mill). Afterwards called the “Moulin de l’Albigeois”.

A mill existed on this site as early as the 13th century. Overhauled, it became the headquarters of the flour mill in 1828, and was later converted into a vermicelli factory in 1845.

After flourishing for years, the Moulins de l’Albigeois Company closed its doors in 1970. After a renovation
Les Moulins albigeois Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 23, 2012
2. Les Moulins albigeois Marker
in 1986, these buildings now house the Lapérouse museum, a hotel, residences, the offices of the regional authority and a centre for contemporary art called LAIT.

Spanish:
Los molinos de agua albigenses
Antiguamente llegaron a funcionar hasta diez molinos a orillas del Tarn. Cuatro resistieron a la Revolución Francesa: moulin de Gardes, moulin de Lamothe, moulin de Chapitre y Moulin-Neuf.
Se tiene constancia de la existencia de un molina de agua en este lugar desde el siglo XIII. En los siglos XVIII y XIX sufre una serie de transformaciones y, a partir de 1828, se convierte en una fábrica de harina, donde también se elabora pasta a partir de 1845. Tras un periodo de bonanza, la Société des Moulins de l´Albigeois, echa el cierre en 1970.
Las fábricas se restauraron en 1986 y en ellas se han instalado el museo Lapérouse, el centro de arte contemporáneo (LAIT), algunos servicios de la administración regional y viviendas.
 
Erected by Ville d’Albi.
 
Location. 43° 55.972′ N, 2° 8.799′ E. Marker is in Albi, Midi-Pyrénées, in Tarn Département. Marker is on Boulevard Strasbourg. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Boulevard Strasbourg, Albi, Midi-Pyrénées 81000, France.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this
Les Moulins albigeois image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 23, 2012
3. Les Moulins albigeois
marker. Le «pont Neuf» (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Le pont Vieux (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Hôtel de Fenasse (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Les berges du Tarn (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Le palais de la Berbie (approx. half a kilometer away); Les jardins de la Berbie (approx. half a kilometer away); a different marker also named Le palais de la Berbie (approx. half a kilometer away); La Temporalité (approx. half a kilometer away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albi.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Les Moulins albigeois image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 23, 2012
4. Les Moulins albigeois
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 292 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 15, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement