Ligonier in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Monument Marks the Site
Erected 1934 by The William Kenly Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 14.484′ N, 79° 14.334′ W. Marker is in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Lincoln Highway (U.S. 30) and South Market Street on Lincoln Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ligonier PA 15658, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Ligonier (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Fort Ligonier (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Desert Storm Memorial (about 700 feet away); Building the Highway Ligonier War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Ligonier Town Square Fountain (about 700 feet away); Highway Enterprise (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roadside Enterprise (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ligonier.
Also see . . . Fort Ligonier website. (Submitted on November 21, 2012, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 14, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 343 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 14, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.