Fort Davis in Jeff Davis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
In 1906 he replaced the adobe with this stone structure that was bought by T. T. Kelly, 1964.
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10489.)
Location. 30° 35.327′ N, 103° 53.622′ W. Marker is in Fort Davis, Texas, in Jeff Davis County. Marker is at the intersection of Limpa Street and Court Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Limpa Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Davis TX 79734, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hotel Limpia (a few steps from this marker); Old Fort Davis CSA (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); T/SGT. Manuel S. Gonzales (about 400 feet away); Confederate President Jefferson Davis Jeff Davis County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Jeff Davis County Jail (about 500 feet away); Jeff Davis County (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church of Fort Davis (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Davis.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 18, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.