Oroville in Butte County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Butte County Court House at Oroville
1956 marks 1st centennial of Butte County Court House at Oroville
3rd county seat of Butte County
Erected 1956 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Agronaut Parlor No. 8 & Native Daughters of the Golden West, Gold of Ophir Parlor No. 190.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 39° 30.751′ N, 121° 33.401′ W. Marker is in Oroville, California, in Butte County. Marker can be reached from Bird Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1859 Bird Street, Oroville CA 95965, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Liberty Pole (within shouting distance of this marker); Butte County Courthouse Bricks (within shouting distance of this marker); County Community Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Oroville Municipal Airport (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Liberty Pole In The West (about 500 feet away); First Pharmacy (about 500 feet away); Edison Building (about 600 feet away); The American (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oroville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 426 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 2, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.