Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chestertown in Kent County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Bordley Corner

 
 
Bordley Corner Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, October 9, 2006
1. Bordley Corner Marker
Inscription. Building built in 1883 by Thomas S. Bordley as a two-story menís haberdashery. Gutted by fire in 1910. Rebuilt in 1911. Owned and operated as a menís store by Carl and Ruth Bordley 1922-1950. Now rented by the Bordley family.
 
Location. 39° 12.541′ N, 76° 4.003′ W. Marker is in Chestertown, Maryland, in Kent County. Marker is at the intersection of South Cross Street and High Street, on the right when traveling south on South Cross Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chestertown MD 21620, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chestertown, Maryland (within shouting distance of this marker); From This Point (within shouting distance of this marker); Revolutionary Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); This Monument Honors the Area Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of More Than 400 Prominent United States Colored Troops from Kent County (within shouting distance of this marker); In This Church (within shouting distance of this marker); White & Black, Blue & Gray (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Monument (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chestertown.
 
More about this marker.
Bordley Corner image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, December 29, 2012
2. Bordley Corner
Marker is located on the side of the Bordley Building.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Bordley Corner image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, December 29, 2012
3. Bordley Corner
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2008, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 1,089 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on March 12, 2008, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.   2, 3. submitted on January 25, 2013, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photograph of the building. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement