Annapolis in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Synagogue in Annapolis
The congregation used the building as a synagogue until 1912, when it moved to larger quarters on Prince George Street.
Erected in celebration of the 90th anniversary of the Kneseth Israel charter.
Erected 1996 by Kneseth Israel Congretation.
Location. 38° 58.621′ N, 76° 29.446′ W. Marker is in Annapolis, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is on Duke of Gloucester Street near Conduit Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 183 Duke of Gloucester St., Annapolis MD 21401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mann's Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); First Presbyterian Church of Annapolis (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sign of the Bible (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 167 Main Street at Conduit Street 163 Main Street (about 400 feet away); This tablet (about 400 feet away); The Jonas Green House (about 400 feet away); 159 Main Street (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Annapolis.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 862 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 16, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.