Baltimore, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
An Old Mill Stream
A Baltimore, Calverton & Powhatan streetcar crosses the Windsor Mill Road Bollman truss bridge about 1900.
In the 1800s woolen and cotton mills were operating upstream from here in Wetheredsville. The village became known as Dickeysville after the W.J. Dickey Co. purchased the complex and provided housing (below) for its workers in the 1870s.
Erected by Gwynns Falls Trail Council.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Maryland, Gwynns Falls Trail marker series.
Location. 39° 18.712′ N, 76° 41.326′ W. Marker is in Baltimore, Maryland. Marker can be reached from Windsor Mill Road. Touch for map. Marker may be accessed by a short trail from a parking lot
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Seeing the Forest for the Trees (a few steps from this marker); Gwynns Falls Park at Windsor Mill Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Dickeyville's Historic Legacy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leakin Park at Winans Meadow (approx. 0.6 miles away); A Name Before a Place (approx. 0.6 miles away); Crimea Estate (approx. 0.6 miles away); Orianda House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Norman Van Allan Reeves (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baltimore.
Also see . . .
1. Image of the marker. (Submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
2. Gwynns Falls Trail Council. (Submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 17, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,733 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 19, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.