San Rafael in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Gate House
This plaque commemorates the fiftieth year of the Marin County Historical Society.
Erected 1985 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 58.521′ N, 122° 31.754′ W. Marker is in San Rafael, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection of B Street and Mission Avenue, on the left when traveling north on B Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1125 B Street, San Rafael CA 94901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mission San Rafael Arcangel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marin (about 500 feet away); Falkirk Community Cultural Center (about 800 feet away); The Belrose Theater (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bradford House Marin County Civic Center (approx. 1½ miles away); Historic Dedication of the Lagunitas Road Bridge (approx. 1.8 miles away); William A. Richardson (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Rafael.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 29, 2013, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 450 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 29, 2013, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of the Maple Lawn Mansion, now the Elks Club. • Can you help?