Fremont in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Ehrman General Store
To meet these demands, the firm of Strauss and Co. was founded by S. Strauss, Leon Kerman and S. Bachman in an old adobe on this site. After a succession of partnerships with A. Lebrecht and brother Max Ehrman, Solomon Ehrman built this brick structure in 1894.
The Ehrman General Store served for years as the Wells Fargo Office.
Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus
Fremont Primary Historic Resource No. D26
restored by Robert and Pauline McIvor
Norman D. Hale A.I.A., Architect
Erected 1981 by E Clampus Vitus, Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13. (Marker Number D26.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 31.949′ N, 121° 55.203′ W. Marker is in Fremont, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on Mission Boulevard near Mission Tierra Place, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 43363 Mission Boulevard, Fremont CA 94539, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Washington Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); World War II War Memorial (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); De Anza Expedition 1775 - 1776 (about 500 feet away); Mission San José (about 500 feet away); Mormon Pioneers / Mormon Pioneer Adobes (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Chadbourne Carriage House (approx. 3.7 miles away); Sunol Water Temple (approx. 4.1 miles away); Pioneer Schoolhouse & Chapel (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fremont.
More about this marker. This markers is located in the Mission San Jose district of Fremont.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 534 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.