Bastrop in Bastrop County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Bastrop Military Institute
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 9156.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 6.887′ N, 97° 19.279′ W. Marker is in Bastrop, Texas, in Bastrop County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Buttonwood Street, on the right when traveling south on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1402 Church Street, Bastrop TX 78602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. H. P. Luckett House (a few steps from this marker); First Baptist Church of Bastrop (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank of Bastrop (approx. ¼ mile away); The Bastrop Advertiser (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bastrop County Jail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Felipe Henrique Neri, Baron de Bastrop (approx. 0.4 miles away); Captain James Burleson (approx. half a mile away); Thomas H. Mays (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bastrop.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2013, by Ross Perkins of Cedar Creek, Texas. This page has been viewed 454 times since then and 42 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on May 7, 2013, by Ross Perkins of Cedar Creek, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?