Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The First Holy Mass at Fort Duquesne
Erected 1929 by Fort Pitt General Assembly Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus.
Location. 40° 26.391′ N, 80° 0.28′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Stanwix Street and Third Avenue. Touch for map. Mounted to the outside wall of St. Mary of Mercy Parish building. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Scull (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Martin R. Delany (about 400 feet away); Westinghouse Electric Corporation (about 500 feet away); Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company (about 500 feet away); Historic Site in Journalism (about 500 feet away); Burke's Landmark (about 600 feet away); Work Accidents and the Law (about 600 feet away); Benedum-Trees Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 342 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.