Taylorsville in Plumas County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Permanent Residence in Indian Valley
This maker made from the millstones brought around Cape Horn in 1856 for the first flour mill in the Pacific Northwest, located in Taylorville, Plumas County, California.
Erected 1938 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Plumas Parlor No. 228.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 40° 4.516′ N, 120° 50.518′ W. Marker is in Taylorsville, California, in Plumas County. Marker is on Arlington Road (Main Street) near Anne Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Taylorsville CA 95983, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taylorsville Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Taylorville General Store (about 500 feet away); Taylorsville Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Peter Lassen Oakland Camp (approx. 7.1 miles away); Bransford & McIntyre Store (approx. 7.3 miles away); Sincerity Lodge 132 F.&A.M. (approx. 7.3 miles away); Bransford & McIntyre Warehouse (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylorsville.
More about this marker. This marker is located in front of the Jobe T. Taylor Elementary School.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 20, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 285 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 20, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.