Allouez in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Redemptorist Church in America
Location. 44° 29.041′ N, 88° 1.781′ W. Marker is in Allouez, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is on Riverside drive (State Highway 57) north of Allouez Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of Allouez Catholic Cemetery and Chapel Mausoleum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2121 Riverside Drive, Green Bay WI 54301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shantytown (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Curly Lambeau's Gravesite (about 400 feet away); First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin The Port & the Environment (approx. half a mile away); Minahan's Tomb (was approx. 0.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Site of Camp Smith 1820 (approx. ¾ mile away); Heritage Hill State Park (approx. ¾ mile away); Menomineeville, Seat of Justice (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Allouez.
Also see . . .
1. Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on July 7, 2013.)
2. Roman Catholic Diocese of Green Bay. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on July 7, 2013.)
3. Brown County Historical Society. St. John the Evangelist's First Rectory. (Submitted on July 7, 2013.)
4. Archives of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church. St. John the Evangelist Church History. (Submitted on July 7, 2013.)
5. St. John the Evangelist Parish. (Submitted on July 7, 2013.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 566 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 7, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.