Cane Hill in Washington County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Washington County Cane Hill College
Erected 1936 by Arkansas Centennial Commission and Arkansas History Commission. (Marker Number A-22.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 54.65′ N, 94° 23.85′ W. Marker is in Cane Hill, Arkansas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of College Ave and McClellan Road on College Ave. Touch for map. Marker is in front of the only building left for Cane Hill College in Cane Hill, Arkansas. On College Ave and McClellan Road. Marker is in this post office area: Lincoln AR 72744, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Battle of Cane Hill Arkansas (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cumberland Presbyterian Church West Battlefield Overlook (approx. 6.9 miles away); Hindman Hall Museum (approx. 7 miles away); General Shaver's Headquarters (approx. 7 miles away); Battle of Prairie Grove (approx. 7 miles away); Battlefield Park (approx. 7 miles away); March of the Armies (approx. 7 miles away).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 21, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2013, by Robert Macoubrie of Lenexa, Kansas. This page has been viewed 509 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2013, by Robert Macoubrie of Lenexa, Kansas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.