Oldenburg in Franklin County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Father Franz Joseph Rudolf
April 23, 1813
"Founder of Village of Spires"
Appointed Pastor 1844
Built Stone Church 1845 - Present
Founded Convent of
Sisters of St. Francis 1851
Served as Civic Leader and
Missionary in Area
Buried June 1, 1866 Below
Erected 1968 by Holy Family Parish.
Location. 39° 20.423′ N, 85° 12.229′ W. Marker is in Oldenburg, Indiana, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Pearl Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oldenburg IN 47036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hackman General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Oldenburg (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Stone Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Immaculate Conception Convent (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Corpus Christi Procession Route (about 600 feet away); Academy of the Immaculate Conception Ben Franklin III (approx. 8.2 miles away); Metamora Grist Mill (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oldenburg.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 252 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 19, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.