West Chester in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
—The Battle of Brandywine Ended Here —
The Battle of Brandywine,
September 11, 1777, ended a short
distance southeast of this place.
The Pennsylvania Historical Commission
and the Chester and Delaware
County Historical Societies
Erected 1915 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Chester and Delaware County Historical Societies.
Location. 39° 53.976′ N, 75° 34.028′ W. Marker is in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of South Birmingham Road and Brintons Bridge Road, on the left when traveling south on South Birmingham Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19382, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Brandywine (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1704 House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brandywine Battlefield A Commonwealth Treasure (approx. 0.6 miles away); William Darlington Birthplace (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sandy Hollow (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker Battle of Brandywine (approx. 0.7 miles away); Birmingham Hill (approx. 1.4 miles away); In Memory of Those Who Fell (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Chester.
More about this marker. Five Roads meet at this Historic Intersection, Dilworthtown Road, Oakland Road, S. Birmingham Road, Brintons Bridge Road, and Old Wilmington Pike.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 486 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on August 3, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 19, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.