Zurich in Zurich (district), Switzerland
Der mit majolika verkleidete doppelbogen an der eingangsfront stammt vom keramikpavillon der firma Bodmer & Biber an der schweizerischen landesausstellung von 1883 in Zürich, den Chiodera & Tschudy gebaut hatten.
Unter denkmalschutz seit 1993
Old Country Kitchen
Three medieval houses were combined in 1893 by the architects Alfred Chiodera (1850-1916) and Theophil Tschudy (1847-1911) and equipped with today's eye-catching dining room.
The double arch, clad in majolica, at the entrance front of the pavilion comes from the ceramic company Bodmer & Beavers. Chiodera & Tschudy had built (after seeing it) at the Swiss national exhibition of 1883 in Zurich.
Under monument protection since 1993
Location. 47° 22.382′ N, 8° 32.625′ E. Marker is in Zurich, Zurich, in Zurich (district). Marker is at the intersection of Niederdorfstrasse and Weingasse, on the right when traveling south on Niederdorfstrasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich 8001, Switzerland.
Other nearby markers. Hirschen (within shouting distance of this marker); Schwarzer Amboss (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Judengasse (about 120 meters away); Lenin (about 150 meters away); Tiefe Schmitte (about 180 meters away in Zurich (canton)); Grave stone of Lucius Aelius Urbicus (about 240 meters away); Zur Grossen Mücke (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Joh. Caspar Lavater (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Zurich.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 323 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on August 4, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.