Inver Grove Heights in Dakota County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Salem Evangelical Church
After its closing, the ownership was continued as a Historical Site by The Evangelical Church formed in 1922; then by The Evangelical United Brethren Church formed in 1946; and finally by The United Methodist Church formed in 1968.
This historical marker was placed at this site by The Commission on Archives and History of The Minnesota Conference of The United Methodist Church in 1970.
Erected 1970 by The Commission on Archives and History of The Minnesota Conference of The United Methodist Church.
Location. 44° 52.133′ N, 93° 4.485′ W. Marker is in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, in Dakota County. Marker is at the intersection of Upper 55th Street East (County Highway 18) and Annette Avenue East, on the left Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1505 Upper 55th Street, Inver Grove Heights MN 55077, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Stockyards (approx. 2˝ miles away); Swift & Company (approx. 2.7 miles away); Armour & Company (approx. 2.8 miles away); Kaposia Village (approx. 3.3 miles away); B-52 Crash Site (approx. 3˝ miles away); Fountain Cave (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sibley House Historic Site (approx. 4.6 miles away); Mendota / Sibley House (approx. 4.6 miles away).
Regarding The Salem Evangelical Church. This was the first Evangelical church in the State of Minnesota and the birthplace of the Evangelical United Brethren denomination prior to its merger with the Methodist Church.
Additional keywords. Old Salem Church
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 476 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 5, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.