Dade City in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
St. Mary's Episcopal Church
Organized in 1891, St. Mary's originally served Anglican settlers at Lake Pasadena. Its first resident priest, the Rev. James Neville-Thompson, was ordained there in 1892. After the "Great Freeze" in 1895 the building fell into disuse, while remnants of the congregation held services at the Lock home in Dade City. In 1909 the structure was moved here by mule train. The sacristy was added in 1921, the chancel in 1927 and the body of the church was enlarged in 1975.
Erected 1987 by The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and the Historical Preservation Committee.
Location. 28° 21.942′ N, 82° 11.584′ W. Marker is in Dade City, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and 11th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 37623 Magnolia Avenue, Dade City FL 33523, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dade City Grammar School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pasco County (approx. ¼ mile away); Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Saint Paul Missionary Baptist Church Jones' Nursing Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dade City Atlantic Coast Line Depot (approx. half a mile away); Atlantic Coast Line Depot (approx. half a mile away); Site of World War II Prisoner of War Camp (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dade City.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 318 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 14, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.