Tulsa in Tulsa County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
The University of Tulsa / City of Tulsa Partnership
Gilcrease Museum pays tribute to the 13 visionary women who founded The Gillies, a volunteer organization formed in 1967 to serve the many needs of the museum. We salute these community leaders who played such an important role in developing what has become a vital partnership of sustaining support for the museum. May all who visit Gilcrease Museum be inspired by the generosity and commitment of the Gillies and their ethos of service that continues to serve as a model of civic and community engagement.
Marjorie Blocksom Marian Bovaird Jancie Daniel Jean Devlin Beeb Gannaway Kay Hardy Mildred Ladner Patsy Lyon Judy Mallory Nancy Patton Ann Phaenacie Ellie Shaughnessy Joan Stauffer
Erected 2012 by Gilcrease Museum.
Location. 36° 10.464′ N, 96° 1.248′ W. Marker is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in Tulsa County. Marker is immediately north of the Gilcrease Museum entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1400 North Gilcrease Museum Road, Tulsa OK 74127, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Simσn Bolνvar (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonial Garden (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington Irving (approx. 1.2 miles away); Indian Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); Pioneer Association Picnic Grounds 1921 Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); Tulsa's Oldest House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Mt. Zion Baptist Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulsa.
Also see . . . Thomas Gilcrease Museum. (Submitted on August 23, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Charity & Public Work •
More. Search the internet for The Gillies.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 23, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.