Pryor in Mayes County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Nathaniel Hale Pryor
b. Amherst County, Virginia, 1772
—d. June of 1831 —
In grateful appreciation this marker is erected by Private Jacob Holley Chapter 322 under the auspices of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812 to celebrate the Bicentennial of the War of 1812
June 26, 2012
Erected 2012 by Private Jacob Holley Chapter 322, NSUSD of 1812.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Lewis & Clark Expedition, and the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. 36° 18.565′ N, 95° 18.961′ W. Marker is in Pryor, Oklahoma, in Mayes County. Marker is at the intersection of Adair Street and NE 1st Street, on the right when traveling north on Adair Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the northwest grounds of the county courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Court Place, Pryor OK 74361, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 17 miles of this Veterans Memorial (here, next to this marker); Chouteau's Post (approx. 9.4 miles away); Battle of Locust Grove (approx. 12 miles away); Cabin Creek Battlefield (approx. 13.3 miles away); 1928 Route 66 Footrace (approx. 14.3 miles away); Confederate Soldiers (approx. 16½ miles away); First Kansas Colored Volunteer Infantry (approx. 16½ miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Sergeant Nathaniel Pryor at Inside the Corps. (Submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Nathaniel Hale Pryor: A man of character and ability. (Submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 657 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.