Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
The Church of the Holy Spirit Hospital
Diese, in den Jahren 1700/01 vom Innsbrucker Barockbaumeister Johann Martin Gumpp erbaute Barockkirche erhebt sich östlich anschliessend an das ehemalige, im Jahre 1307 errichtete Stadtspital zum hl. Geist (heute Schule). Der Erstbau dieser Kirche ist seit 1320 nachweisbar. Das Spital selbst wurde 1888 in die heutige Universitätsklinik übersiedelt.
This Baroque church, built 1700-01 by the Innsbruck architect Johann Martin Gumpp, rises directly east and encompasses the Church of the Holy Spirit Hospital (now a school). The year of construction of this church is thought to be 1320. The hospital itself, now today's university clinical hospital, was located here in 1888.
Erected by Stadt Innsbruck (City of Innsbruck).
Location. 47° 16.013′ N, 11° 23.616′ E. Marker is in Innsbruck, Tyrol. Marker is on Maria-Theresien-Straße, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Maria-Theresien-Straße 2, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lodron Palace (within shouting distance of this marker); Kolb Tower Magistrate Zeller's House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gumpp House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Leopold Mozart (about 90 meters away); First Office Building of the Tyrolean Provincial Assembly (about 120 meters away); The Trautson House (about 120 meters away); Katzunghaus (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Innsbruck.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 427 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 4, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.