Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
 

Lodron Palace

Palais Lodron

 
 
Lodron Palace Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, July 15, 2013
1. Lodron Palace Marker
Inscription.
Palais Lodron
Josef Nikolaus Graf Lodron hat 1744 zwei an dieser Stelle stehende Bürgerhäuser erworben und sei noch vor 1749 einheitlich als Rokokopalais umbauen lassen. Aus dieser Zeit stammt auch das Medaillon in der Höhe des ersten Stockes mit der Reliefdarstellung des Innsbrucker Mariahilf-Gnadenbildes als Schutzpatronin des Hauses. Nach 1795 wechselte das Palais mehrmals den Besitzer und befand sich ab 1870 im Eigentum der Familie bzw. des bekannten Innsbrucker Bürgermeisters von 1896 bis 1923 Wilhelm Greil.


German-English translation:
In 1744 Josef Nikolaus, Count Lodron, acquired two neighboring townhouses and sometime before 1749 they were said to have been converted into a single Rococo palace. The medallion of Holy Mary of Innsbruck, located above the second floor, has since that time served as the patron saint of the house. The palace changed hands several times after 1795, and was from 1870 onwards under the ownership of the Greil family - the family of the famous Mayor of Innsbruck from 1896-1923, Wilhelm Greil.

 
Location. 47° 15.996′ N, 11° 23.64′ E. Marker is in Innsbruck, Tyrol. Marker is on Maria-Theresien-Straße, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker
Lodron Palace Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, July 15, 2013
2. Lodron Palace Marker
is at or near this postal address: Maria-Theresien-Straße 7, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Church of the Holy Spirit Hospital (within shouting distance of this marker); Kolb Tower (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Magistrate Zeller's House (about 120 meters away); Leopold Mozart (about 120 meters away); Gumpp House (about 120 meters away); First Office Building of the Tyrolean Provincial Assembly (about 150 meters away); The Trautson House (about 150 meters away); Katzunghaus (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Innsbruck.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 4, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 4, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement