Hector in Schuyler County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Gen. Hand's Light Corps
September 3, 1779
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 30.002′ N, 76° 52.331′ W. Marker is in Hector, New York, in Schuyler County. Marker is on New York State Route 414 just south of Tichenor Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hector NY 14841, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Peach Orchard (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); General Poor's Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); Early Settler (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Clinton's Brigade (approx. 0.4 miles away); General Maxwell's Brigade (approx. half a mile away); William Wickham (approx. 1.7 miles away); Ferry (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hector.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2013, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 12, 2013, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.