Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Waukon in Allamakee County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Allamakee County Court House Museum

 
 
Allamakee County Court House Museum Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, December 22, 2007
1. Allamakee County Court House Museum Marker
Inscription. This building was completed in 1861 by the firm of Hale, Jenkins and Pratt at a cost of $13,655. The 40-acre townsite, including the place where the building stands, was donated by the Shattuck Family. The Allamakee County Board of Supervisors turned the building over to the Allamakee County Historical Society in 1964.
 
Erected by Waukon Wa-Tan-Ye Club.
 
Location. 43° 16.227′ N, 91° 28.524′ W. Marker is in Waukon, Iowa, in Allamakee County. Marker is on Allamakee Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waukon IA 52172, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. Norwegian House (within shouting distance of this marker).
 
Also see . . .  Allamakee County Historical Society Museum & Genealogy Research. (Submitted on October 20, 2013, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Allamakee County Court House Museum (Old Court House) image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, December 22, 2007
2. Allamakee County Court House Museum (Old Court House)
Allamakee County Court House image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, December 22, 2007
3. Allamakee County Court House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2013, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 319 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 20, 2013, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.
Paid Advertisement