West Bend in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
West Bend, Wisconsin
This front gable home was typical of many houses built between 1850 and 1925. This property is part of the original plat of the Village of West Bend. It was built in 1893 when Martin and Eva Tuchscherer owned the property.
Washington County, Wisconsin
Erected 2005 by Washington County Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 04-001.)
Location. 43° 25.298′ N, 88° 11.108′ W. Marker is in West Bend, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is on South 7th Avenue ¼ mile south of West Washington Street (Wisconsin Highway 33), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 218 S. 7th Ave., West Bend WI 53095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Kneeland House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Court House Square (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington County Courthouse Square (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Settlers Triangle (approx. Washington House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Stephan F. Mayer Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); The West Bend Aluminum Company (approx. 0.7 miles away); Verbeck Residence (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Bend.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.