Bolivar in Jefferson County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Harpers Ferry Bolivar Veterans Memorial
We Honor All Who Served
Dedicated May 30, 1993 by Helen P. Wiltshire
Members below died during their military service to their country
1. Quinn, Luke - USMC - Killed during John Brown's raid on the federal arsenal - Buried St. Peter's Catholic Cemetery - Harpers Ferry
2. Geary, William - USMC - KIA - Belleau woods, France - WWI
3. Hoke, Bernard - USA - WWI - Non-Combat
4. Newcomer, Daniel - USA - WWI -Died Flu - Texas
5. Webb, James E. - USA - WWI - Non-Combat
6. Ballenger, Oscar - USN - WWII - Missing at Sea - Pacific Ocean
7. Perry, Glbert, Jr. - USAAF - WWII - Non-Combat - Air Crash
8. Rider, William - USMC - WWII - Non-Combat - Air Crash
9. Rockenbaugh, William - USMC - KIA - WWII - Guadalcanal
10. Mahoney, William - USA - KIA - Viet[nam]
[Roll of Honored Veterans]
Erected 1993 by Harpers Ferry Bolivar Veterans.
Location. 39° 19.327′ Touch for map. Memorial is on the Harpers Ferry Middle School grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1710 West Washington Street, Harpers Ferry WV 25425, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Honoring All Who Served (within shouting distance of this marker); Pre Civil War Spring House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jackson at Harpers Ferry (approx. ¼ mile away); The First Year of the War (approx. ¼ mile away); Rats in a Cage (approx. ¼ mile away); Closing the Doors (approx. ¼ mile away); Confederate Victory (approx. ¼ mile away); A Union Predicament (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bolivar.
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, Vietnam • War, World I • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 16, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 2, 3. submitted on December 17, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.