Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Prattville in Autauga County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Old Autauga County Courthouse

1870

 
 
Old Autauga County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, December 17, 2013
1. Old Autauga County Courthouse Marker
Inscription. The county's third courthouse was used until 1906. George Littlefield Smith, an early citizen of Prattville, designed and built the Italianate-style structure. Earlier county seats were Washington, then Kingston.
Marker placed by the Historic Pratville Redevelopment Authority for the City of Pratville.

 
Erected 1995 by Alabama Historical Association.
 
Location. 32° 27.7′ N, 86° 28.522′ W. Marker is in Prattville, Alabama, in Autauga County. Marker is at the intersection of South Court Street and West 3rd Street, on the left when traveling south on South Court Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 145 South Court Street, Prattville AL 36067, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Heritage Park (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Autauga County Viet Nam Memorial (about 600 feet away); Autauga County Korean War Memorial (about 600 feet away); Autauga County World War II Memorial (about 600 feet away); A County Older Than the State, Autauga County (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of Prattville, Alabama / Original Members
Old Autauga County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, December 17, 2013
2. Old Autauga County Courthouse
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Daniel Pratt/First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Autauga Creek (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prattville.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 17, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 629 times since then and 95 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 17, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement