Purmela in Coryell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Purmela Baptist Church
In 1927, after the congregation voted to relocate to this site, the Cravey Crossing Church building was dismantled and rebuilt here by volunteers. The name was changed to Purmela Baptist Church when construction was completed in 1928, and soon worship services were conducted weekly.
Throughout its history, this church has served members in a large rural area. The church facilities have been enlarged over the years to serve the growing congregation, which continues to maintain many of its historic traditions. (1991)
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commisson. (Marker Number 4138.)
Location. 31° 28.895′ N, 97° 57.808′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 875 FM 932, Purmela TX 76566, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of the Ireland School (approx. 6.2 miles away); Wood Cemetery (approx. 9.4 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Evant (approx. 11.1 miles away); Evant (approx. 11.1 miles away); Benjamin F. Gholson (approx. 11.4 miles away); 1904 Leon River Bridge (approx. 12.4 miles away); United Presbyterian Church of Adamsville (approx. 17.3 miles away); Entrance to Site of Townsen's Mill (approx. 17.6 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 9, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 9, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.