Clio in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Barbour County High School
Consistently characterized by faculties of dedication and excellence, students were the recipients of vast educational advantages. From its hallowed halls have departed thousands of educated, disciplined students prepared for careers and all blessed by the institution.
Last used as a school in 1961, the structure is now owned by the George C. Wallace Heritage Association and serves as a community center for the citizens of Clio.
Erected 1979 by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the George C. Wallace Heritage Association.
Location. 31° 42.477′ N, 85° 36.76′ W. Marker is in Clio, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is on Hunt Street 0.1 miles south of Brundidge Street (Alabama Route 10), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12 Hunt Street, Clio AL 36017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Barbour County's "Little Scotland"/Pea River Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Old County Court House Louisville (approx. 6.6 miles away); Pea River Electric Membership Corporation (approx. 7 miles away); Blue Springs School 1920-1969 (approx. 8 miles away); Peniel Baptist Church (approx. 9½ miles away); Union Presbyterian Church/Founders and Early Pastors (approx. 9.7 miles away); Salem Baptist Church (approx. 12 miles away).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 17, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 458 times since then and 74 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 17, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.