Lincoln City in Spencer County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Cabin Site Memorial
Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial
By the 20th century, the original Lincoln log cabin (similar to the one pictured below) no longer existed and the Lincoln farm had become part of Lincoln City, a bustling railroad town.
Inspecting the cabin hearthstones in May, 1934.
Installing the bronze casting of the fireplace in July, 1935
Erected by Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.
Location. 38° 7.2′ N, 86° 59.793′ W. Marker is in Lincoln City, Indiana, in Spencer County. Marker can be reached from East South Street east of County Road 300 E when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located along the Lincoln Boyhood Trail north of the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial Visitor Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3027 East South Street, Lincoln City IN 47552, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas Lincoln Farm (about Lincoln Boyhood Trails (about 400 feet away); Nancy Hanks Lincoln Grave (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Allee (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial (approx. half a mile away); David Turnham (1803-1884) (approx. 0.6 miles away); Abraham Lincoln Employed (approx. 12.9 miles away); A New Home in Indiana (approx. 13 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincoln City.
Also see . . . Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. National Park Service (Submitted on March 15, 2014.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 310 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 15, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 3. submitted on March 16, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 4. submitted on March 15, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.