Sampaloc, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
University of Santo Tomas
Universidad de Sto. Tomas
—Main Building —
ration and dedication of
the Main Building of the
Pontifical and Royal
University of Sto. Tomas
on November 12, 1927
Rev. Dr. Fr. Serapio Tamayo [Rector] – Elizabeth Bowers [Sponsor]
Artes Liberales Comercio
Curso de Enfirmeras
R. Dr. Fr. Silvestre Sancho, O.P.
Erected 1935 by Historical Research and Markers Committee, Philippine Islands.
Location. 14° 36.589′ N, 120° 59.368′ E. Marker is in Sampaloc, Manila, Metro Touch for map. Marker panels are on the wall of the open-air foyer at the front entrance to the university's "Main Building" (1927) on the north side of the Plaza Mayor which is at the center of the campus, bounded on the northwest by Osmeña Drive and on the southeast by Quezon Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Sampaloc, Manila, Metro Manila 1015, Philippines.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Santo Tomas Internment Camp (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named University of Santo Tomas (within shouting distance of this marker); William J. Burke (approx. 1.7 kilometers away in Manila); Roman Ongpin (approx. 1.9 kilometers away in Manila); Ang Simbahan ng Binondo (approx. 2 kilometers away in Manila); Philippine Post Office (approx. 2 kilometers away in Manila); Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church (approx. 2 kilometers away); The New Plaza San Lorenzo Ruiz (approx. 2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sampaloc, Manila.
Also see . . . UST History. (Submitted on March 19, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. The Catholic University of the
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 856 times since then and 51 times this year. Last updated on March 15, 2014, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 18, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 5, 6. submitted on March 19, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.