Lincoln City in Spencer County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lincoln Boyhood Trails
Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial
The Trail of Twelve Stones retraces the stages of Abraham Lincolnís life. Along the trail ate stones from various places that were part of his life. Each stone has a plaque that describes its origin and association with Lincoln. The trail is part of a loop that includes the Lincoln Boyhood Trail.
The Boyhood Nature Trail reflects the days when Indiana was a wilderness and home to the seven-year-old Abraham in 1816. The loop trail branches off from the Trail of Twelve Stones and is one mile long.
Lincoln as a young man
Abraham Lincoln as 16th President of the United States
Erected by National Park Service.
Location. 38° 7.226′ N, 86° 59.715′ W. Marker is in Lincoln City, Indiana, in Spencer County. Marker can be reached from East South Street east of County Road 300 E when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3027 East South Street, Lincoln City IN 47552, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cabin Site Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Thomas Lincoln Farm Nancy Hanks Lincoln Grave (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Allee (approx. half a mile away); Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial (approx. half a mile away); David Turnham (1803-1884) (approx. half a mile away); Abraham Lincoln Employed (approx. 12.9 miles away); A New Home in Indiana (approx. 12.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincoln City.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 242 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 16, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 7. submitted on March 16, 2014. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. submitted on March 16, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.