Emeryville in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Oakland Ball Park
Oakland Ball Park
From 1913 to 1955 the home of four time
Pacific Coast League Champions
The Oakland Oaks
Whose ranks included baseball legends
Casey Stengel and Billy Martin
Erected 1992 by Alameda County Historical Society and Native Daughters of the Golden West, Parlor 150.
Location. 37° 49.926′ N, 122° 16.921′ W. Marker is in Emeryville, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on Park Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1151 Park Avenue, Emeryville CA 94608, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Key Route Terminal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Moving Shoreline (approx. 0.4 miles away); Black Panther Party Stoplight (approx. 0.6 miles away); California & Nevada Railroad (approx. 0.8 miles away); Lorin Theater (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Augustine's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); South Berkeley Bank (approx. 1.3 miles away); El Camino Rancho San Antonio (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Emeryville.
Also see . . .
Oaks Ball Park - Tripod. The new park was just called "Oaks Ball Park," not named after any local hero, owner, or corporate sponsor. But for the next 42 years, through a Great Depression and two wars, it was the site of thousands of ball games that filled the afternoons and evenings with fun and excitement for generations of East Bay fans. Finally, in 1955, it would be torn down to make way for a Pepsi-Cola bottling plant, which itself would eventually be torn down to make way for a Pixar Animation Studio. (Submitted on March 18, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
2. The Oakland Oaks of 1948. The year is 1948, the place is Emeryville, California. Relive the glory days of the Pacific Coast League. (Submitted on March 24, 2014.)
Categories. • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 409 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 18, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. 4. submitted on March 24, 2014. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.