Myton in Duchesne County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
In 1866-7, U. S. Army made road to Price and Bridge across Duchesne River. At this point Henderson’s Indian Trading Post, Caldwell’s Stage Station and a blacksmith shop were erected. 1905, Army surveyed townsite named for H. P. Myton, Supt. Indian Affairs. It became a booming frontier gateway including hotels, bank, flower mill, and newspaper, “The Uintah Chiefton”. Homesteaders started churches, school, theater and sports. First town board Pres., Hayden Calvert. Wm. Zowe, Post Master.
Erected 1973 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 388.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 40° 11.665′ N, 110° 3.712′ W. Marker is in Myton, Utah, in Duchesne County. Marker is on East Main Street 0.1 miles west of South 100 East, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is located adjacent to the Myton Post Office, next to the flagpole, in a tiny courtyard on the west side of the building. Marker is in this post office area: Myton UT 84052, United States of America.
More about this marker. The marker is embedded into the front of a waist-high stone pedestal.
Also see . . . History of Myton, Utah. (Submitted on April 4, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 4, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 272 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 4, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.