Marshall in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Beryl and Leonard Buck Hall
The Marconi property was purchased in 1981 by the San Francisco Foundation with funds from the Buck Trust. The California State Parks Foundation completed the initial development of the property with additional Buck Trust funds. The site was given to the California State Department of Parks and Recreation in 1989.
The People of California are deeply grateful for this generous contribution to the State Parks system which allows the tradition of communication to continue at this historic rural sanctuary.
Built: 1913 – Architect, J.G. White
Restored: 1992 – Architect, Maria Baranowski
Location. 38° 8.63′ N, 122° 52.62′ W. Marker is in Marshall, California, in Marin County. Marker can be reached from California Highway 1, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18500 California Highway 1, Marshall CA 94940, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Getting to Marconi (within shouting distance of this marker); AT&T & RCA Receiving Stations (approx. 5.2 miles away); Providing Global Communications (approx. 5.2 miles away); Warren Dutton House - Tomales Community Park (approx. 7.2 miles away); Tomales Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.2 miles away); Tomales (approx. 7.2 miles away); Tomales Town Hall (approx. 7.3 miles away); Portus Novae Albionus (approx. 8.3 miles away).
More about this marker. The Beryl and Leonard Buck Hall is located on the grounds of the Marconi Conference Center State Historic Park
Categories. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 583 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.