Near Westport in Decatur County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Westport Covered Bridge
Built by A.M. Kennedy & Sons in 1880
Clear Span 111 ft. 6 in. Overall Length 130 ft.
Entered on the
National Register of Historic Places
June 25, 1982
Erected 1993 by The Decatur County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 10.007′ N, 85° 32.761′ W. Marker is near Westport, Indiana, in Decatur County. Marker is on W. Layton Drive north of County Road W1100S, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3501 W. Layton Dr, Westport IN 47283, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Flat Rock Cemetery Memorial (approx. 5.8 miles away); Union Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Kellar Grist Mill (approx. 7.1 miles away); Hannah Milhous Nixon (approx. 9.4 miles away); Hartsville College (approx. 10.7 miles away); Private Barton W. Mitchell (approx. 10.8 miles away); a different marker also named Hartsville College (approx. 10.8 miles away); Grouseland Treaty Line (approx. 10.9 miles away).
More about this marker. The plaque underneath the National Register plaque indicates the
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 332 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 25, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.