Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Orderville in Kane County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Orderville Bell

 
 
Orderville Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, June 12, 2014
1. Orderville Bell Marker
Inscription. On December 17, 1901, the first church in Orderville was dedicated by Apostle A. O. Woodruff of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This bell hung in the tower and was used each Sunday to call people to church. It was also used to warn people of fires until the building was torn down in 1956.
 
Erected 1988 by Orderville Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
 
Location. 37° 16.551′ N, 112° 38.158′ W. Marker is in Orderville, Utah, in Kane County. Marker is at the intersection of East State Street and S 100 E Street, on the right when traveling east on East State Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Orderville UT 84758, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Rock Schoolhouse (here, next to this marker); United Order Industries (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cemetery at Orderville (approx. mile away); Isaac Behunin (approx. 2.6 miles away); Settlement of Long Valley and Mt. Carmel / Dr. Priddy Meeks
Orderville Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, June 12, 2014
2. Orderville Bell Marker
(approx. 2.8 miles away); Glendale (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Berry Family (approx. 3.6 miles away); Millstones (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orderville.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Old Rock Schoolhouse and Orderville Bell image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, June 12, 2014
3. Old Rock Schoolhouse and Orderville Bell
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement