Luxemburg in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Bank of Luxemburg
Having outgrown its original structure, a new building on the corner of Main and Elm Streets was authorized for construction at a special shareholders meeting on April 7, 1916. The building, with its large size and ornamentation was extraordinary for a small village. With numerous renovations, this building served as the home of Bank of Luxemburg until a new building was constructed in 2008.
Location. 44° 32.377′ N, 87° 42.208′ W. Marker is in Luxemburg, Wisconsin, in Kewaunee County. Marker is on Main Street (County Highway AB) north of Elm Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 630 Main Street, Luxemburg WI 54217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Voie de la Liberte (approx. half a mile away); South Luxemburg (approx. half a mile away); Decker House Casco Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); George Halada Farmstead (approx. 5.7 miles away); Bottkolville (approx. 7.3 miles away); Dikeman (approx. 7.4 miles away); Stage House · Dyckesville (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luxemburg.
Also see . . .
1. Bank of Luxemburg. History. "Bank of Luxemburg was originally launched as a rural exchange bank on October 6, 1903 in Luxemburg, WI. It was located in the south side of the Wisconsin House. After a few years, the operation moved to a new site across the street, where the bank is now located." (Submitted on July 2, 2014.)
2. City Data for Luxemburg, Wisconsin. History. "The first business in Luxemburg was erected close to the railroad tracks in 1892 by Hector Boncher, called the 'Wisconsin House.'" (Submitted on July 2, 2014.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 257 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 2, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.