Ephraim in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Ephraim Relief Society Granary
Relief Society Wheat and flour were contributed to San Francisco after the earthquake in 1906 and to China during the famine in 1907.
In 1915, the granary was converted to a flour mill that functioned for forty years. In 1969, the granary and adjoining cooperative store were threatened with demolition but were preserved through valiant community efforts. The granary interior was completely reconstructed into The Central Utah Art Center in 1990.
Erected 1996 by Fort Ephraim Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 495.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 39° 21.666′ N, 111° 35.214′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ephraim UT 84627, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ephraim Co-op Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Fort (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Ephraim Peace Treaty (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Canute Peterson House (about 400 feet away); John Dorius, Jr., House and Barn (about 400 feet away); Ephraim Carnegie Library (about 700 feet away); Fort Ephraim (about 700 feet away); Indian Massacre (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ephraim.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 279 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 2, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.