Fairview in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
It was built in 1868 by Elam Cheney Sr., a pioneer of 1847. At the request of President Brigham Young he quarried & shaped the stones & moved them & his family to Fairview, where he also blacksmithed the iron & carpentered the wood.
The stones were turned by an overshot water wheel with water from the Sanpitch River.
Erected 1965 by The Cheney Family Association.
Location. 39° 37.637′ N, 111° 26.346′ W. Marker is in Fairview, Utah, in Sanpete County. Marker is on South State Street north of East 100 South Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairview UT 84629, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Settlement of Fairview (was here, next to this marker but has been reported missing. ); Fairview Pioneer Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Mt. Pleasant Fort (approx. 5.6 miles away); Pioneer Monument The Liberal Hall (approx. 5.7 miles away); Last Peace Treaty (approx. 5.8 miles away); William Stuart Seeley House (approx. 5.8 miles away); Lewis Lund (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairview.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for Mill Stones.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 251 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.