Cove Fort in Beaver County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Plaque below marker:
The Cove Fort Marker was originally mounted in 1935 on the outside wall of the fort near the entrance. It was removed and kept in storage in the 1990s when Cove Fort was restored. The marker was relocated here in 2007 by the Sally Kanosh Camp.
Erected 1935 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 38° 36.087′ N, 112° 34.824′ W. Marker is in Cove Fort, Utah, in Beaver County. Marker can be reached from Utah Route 161 one mile north of Interstate 70. Touch for map. Marker is at the north entrance to the parking
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Willden (a few steps from this marker); Kanosh (approx. 15.9 miles away); 1867 Chief Kanosh Memorial 1976 (approx. 15.9 miles away).
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 383 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 20, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.