The Robert R. McComsey Career Development Center at the Allen-Steinheim Museum
The Allen-Steinheim Museum was built between 1876 and 1890 by Alfred University's second president, Jonathan Allen. A natural history museum, the Gothic ediface was built from approximately 8,000 different specimens of rock collected in the Alfred area and 700 varieties of wood. It originally housed the collections of Jonathan and Abigail Allen.
Robert R. McComsey received a Bachelor of Science degree in ceramic engineering from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University in 1966. His gift to renovate the Allen-Steinheim Museum reflects Alfred University's commitment to provide students with superior career services.
Erected 1997 by Alfred Univeristy.
Location. 42° 15.279′ N, 77° 47.205′ W. Marker is in Alfred, New York, in Allegany County. Marker is on Action Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is affixed to the building in the vestibule. The building is on the grounds of Alfred University at the end of Action Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Alfred NY 14802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. This Statue of King Alfred The Great (about
Also see . . . Alfred University. (Submitted on July 31, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 279 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.